The Christian Campus House is committed to the principles, “no creed but Christ,” and “In essentials, unity; in opinions, diversity; and in all things, love.”
What we believe:
We believe in God–Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:2; Matthew 5:16, 45; 6:1, 4, 8, 9; John 1:1; 4-24;14:9, 16-20, James 1:17; 2 Peter 1:21).
We believe in God the Father Almighty, Creator of all things visible and invisible (Genesis 1:1; Acts 17:24-28; Hebrews 11:3).
We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s one authority for all matters of faith and and only Son, our one and only Savior (John 1:14, 3:16; 2 Peter 3:18; I John 4:9).
- He was born fully human and fully divine, conceived of the Holy
- Spirit and the Virgin Mary, and lived a sinless life. (Matthew 1:18; 21:11; Luke 1:26-38; John 1:14; 19:19; Romans 5:15-17; Colossians 2:9; I John 1:1).
- He suffered and was crucified for our sins (Luke 23:1-46).
- He died and was buried, but rose again on the third day (Luke 23:44-24:8; John 20:24-29; I Corinthians 15:3-8).
- He ascended into heaven and now sits at the right hand of the Father (Luke 22:69; Acts 1:1-9; Colossians 3:1).
- He will return to earth to judge both the living and the dead Matthew 24:36-42; John 14:1-3; Acts 1:10-11; 10:39-42; I Peter (4:5).
We believe in the Holy Spirit
- He is a personal and active part of the
- triune God (John 16:5-15; Acts 1:7-8;
- Romans 8:26-27).
- He indwells every Christian (I
- Corinthians 3:16; 6:19, II Timothy 1:14).
We believe in the Bible—God’s Holy Word.
- We believe that God inspired the original writings of the Scriptures, and therefore the Bible is completely trustworthy in all its parts (John 14:26; 16: 12-15; Acts 1:16; I Corinthians 2:12-13; II Timothy 3:14-16; II Peter 1:20-21).
- We accept the Bible as the final authority for all matters of faith and practice (Isaiah 40:8; Matthew 5:18; 24:35; Romans 15:4; Hebrews 4:12).
We believe that people, though created by God in His image, willfully sin against God and are consequently lost and without hope apart from Jesus Christ (Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23).
We believe that salvation—the forgiveness of sins—cannot be earned but is given to us by God’s grace only through the blood of Jesus Christ (Matthew 26:28; Romans 5:1-11; 6:23; Ephesians 2: 8-10; Hebrews 10:19-22; I Peter 1:18-19; I John 1:7).
We believe that we must respond to God in faith (Ephesians 2:8-9).
We respond by:
- Believing and confessing the truth about Jesus (Matthew 10:32; 16:15-16; Romans 10:9).
- Turning away (repenting) from sin (Acts 2:38; 3:19; 17:30).
- Trusting Jesus as Savior and Lord (Romans 10:11-13; Philippians 2:11).
- Being baptized (immersed) into Christ (Acts 2:38; Romans 6:1-4).
- Following Christ in trust and obedience (Romans 6:11-23; 12:1-2).
We believe in the church of Jesus Christ, consisting of all Christians everywhere (Matthew 16:13-18; Acts 2:14-47; Ephesians 1:22-23).
We believe in the church’s mission: making disciples of all nations, baptizing them and teaching them to obey all of Jesus’ commands (Matthew 28:18-20).
We believe that those who have put their trust in Jesus Christ will spend eternity with Him (John 3:16; 6:39-40; 11:25-26).